Belden Universal - Broadview, IL
- Design Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Strategic Buyer
Belden offers competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401(k), pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts and more. Belden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Belden Universal is seeking a Design Engineer for the power transmission industry in Broadview, IL. The position is responsible for completing the design and development of new products as well as maintaining existing product designs and related documentation. Candidates should be capable of conceptual design coupled with a hands-on approach to development and have the ability to initiate and manage multiple design assignments in a cross-functional team environment.
- Design universal joints and drive shaft assemblies to meet new and existing customer expectations.
- Understand manufacturing processes, incorporate processes into designs that can be successfully manufactured.
- Create and maintain well documented designs.
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Manage all aspects of design projects, as assigned
- Operate in a cross-functional team environment, both domestic and international.
- Other duties as assigned by Design Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- Understanding of basic engineering principles with 5 years’ experience in design
- AS9100 and Aerospace experience a plus
- Must be highly creative, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as with within cross functional teams
- Demonstrate abilities in design analysis and problem solving techniques
- Demonstrate ability to visualize new concepts and develop them into 3D models experience a plus, proficiency with Solidworks preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of GD&T principles a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Belden Universal is seeking a result oriented Quality Engineer with the proven ability to implement a Lean Six Sigma program across all manufacturing and quality disciplines, support quality best practices across all departments, and instill core quality processes throughout the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods and methodology; establishing controls and internal documentation and control procedures.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with staff.
- Monitoring and analyzing statistical performance data and charts against defined parameters. Preparing quality documentation and reports by collectiong, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Managing and maintaining the Company’s quality inspection systems
- Organizing and managing quality assurance in co-operation with the management team.
- Coordinating with customer’s auditors to ensure corrective action is taken and compliance with customer’s specifications and product change specifications is met.
- Liaising with testing houses, compliance authorities and outside service vendors.
- Communicating regularly with customer service and sales to gather customer feedback and review quality returns and corrective actions.
- Ensuring testing and in house procedures are properly understood, communicated and evaluated, and investigating product modifications when necessary. Identifying relevant quality related training needs and delivering training.
- Involved in applying environmental and health and safety standards.
- Candidate MUST be a US citizen
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or related field a plus
- Experience with Six Sigma and implementation desired.
- 2-5 years of experience in quality related role.
- Must have recognized Quality qualifications and have in depth knowledge of ISO9001:2008 and AS9100 quality standards and models.
- Must be able to conduct statistical analysis, interpret regulations and policies.
- Be an excellent proactive communicator, with strong oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work autonomously within set boundaries.
- Outside vendor auditing experience, travel required
Belden Universal is seeking a result oriented Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager will perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories, search for better prices and find more profitable vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Establishes account/credit terms
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period
- Works closely with the receiving department and tool crib to ensure proper supplies have arrived
- Monitor orders to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems, traces shipments and follows up on undelivered goods
- Confer with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Vendor audits and the maintenance of the Supplier Audit System
- Control and monitor budgets
- College degree in a business related area a plus.
- Experience with ISO/AS quality systems
- 2-5 years of experience in procurement role.
- Computer skills are a must
- Must be able to conduct analysis, review and interpret date
- Be an excellent proactive communicator with strong oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Outside vendor auditing experience, travel required.
Belden Inc. is a forward thinking company committed to bringing the newest innovations to our customers. If you are a goal driven, solution-based individual who can also work in a team-approached engineering atmosphere, we want you on our team. For more information on Belden and job opportunities, please fill out application below or send resume to:
2500 Braga Drive
Broadview, IL 60155