Belden Universal is seeking a highly skilled CNC Operator / Programmer for the power transmission industry in Hillside, IL. The position is responsible for programming, setting up, and operating CNC machines. Belden Universal’s small but fast-growing size allows for machinists to have significant impact in day-to-day operations from the first days as part of our team.
Belden Universal offers competitive pay commensurate with experience, benefits package, a 401-K match, 10 paid company holidays and 4 paid personal days per year. Come join us in our newly constructed, air conditioned, clean, and well-organized production facility 12 miles west of downtown Chicago. Belden Universal is growing rapidly and there are significant opportunities for advancement for motivated candidates.
CNC Programmer / Operator Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs multi-spindle lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting various types of tools.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- G-Code Programming
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Tooling, Coordination
Founded in the Chicago area in 1939, Belden has grown from a local machine shop to a leading global manufacturer of precision universal joints and drive shaft assemblies. With international reach and reliable quality, Belden serves a variety of industries with standard and custom universal joints and drives any application. Belden's team of professional design engineers and technical sales staff focus on customer needs first, allowing Belden to consistently exceed customer requirements and expectations. Belden’s innovative development capabilities and state-of-the-art equipment position the Company as a clear leader in the mechanical power transmission industry. In 2018, the Company moved into a 40,000 sqft newly built state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Hillside, IL, and is poised for significant growth over the next few years.
For every customer challenge, Belden has a solution. Precisely what you need. Precisely when you need it.
For more information on Belden and job opportunities, please send your resume to:
Belden Tools, Inc. (Human Resources)
4100 Madison Street
Hillside, IL 60162