Belden Universal is seeking a highly skilled machinist for the power transmission industry in Hillside, IL. The position is responsible for setting up and operating Bridgeport mills, manual mills and lathes, and broaching machinery. Belden Universal’s small but fast-growing size allows for new machinists to have significant impact in day-to-day operations from the first days as part of our company.
Belden Universal offers competitive pay commensurate with experience, benefits package, a 401-K match, 10 paid company holidays and 4 paid personal days per year. Come join us in our newly constructed, air conditioned, clean, and well-organized production facility 12 miles west of downtown Chicago. Belden Universal is growing rapidly and there are significant opportunities for advancement for motivated candidates.
Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets-up Bridgeport mills, manual lathes, and broaching machines by installing and adjusting various types of tools.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- 2+ years of experience on manual mills, lathes, and broaching machines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with constantly changing parts, tools, materials, and machine methods
- Conceptual skills
- Process Improvement experience
- Strong Verbal Communication skills
- Functional and Technical Skills
Founded in the Chicago area in 1939, Belden has grown from a local machine shop to a leading global manufacturer of precision universal joints and drive shaft assemblies. With international reach and reliable quality, Belden serves a variety of industries with standard and custom universal joints and drives any application. Belden's team of professional design engineers and technical sales staff focus on customer needs first, allowing Belden to consistently exceed customer requirements and expectations. Belden’s innovative development capabilities and state-of-the-art equipment position the Company as a clear leader in the mechanical power transmission industry. In 2018, the Company moved into a 40,000 sqft newly built state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Hillside, IL, and is poised for significant growth over the next few years.
For every customer challenge, Belden has a solution. Precisely what you need. Precisely when you need it.
For more information on Belden and job opportunities, please send your resume to:
Belden Tools, Inc. (Human Resources)
4100 Madison Street
Hillside, IL 60162