Belden Universal is seeking a highly motivated Inbound Sales Specialist to help grow Belden Universal’s market share in mechanical power transmission applications (universal joints and drive shaft assemblies) through an upcoming period of business expansion. The Inbound Sales Specialist will support our US OEM and Distributor verticals by providing customers with technical quotes, processing orders, and handling customer service inquiries. A successful Inbound Sales Specialist at Belden Universal will be energetic, outgoing, naturally curious, and always eager to learn more about our customers’ applications and identify solutions to solve customers’ key pain points. Thriving in a high-energy, demanding, yet fun remote work environment is a must. Our sales team is primarily remote, though if you prefer coming into an office each day, that option is also available. Training for this role will be primarily conducted via teleconference (Microsoft Teams), so we are seeking candidates who are comfortable and effective learning via teleconference. Approximately once per quarter, the sales team meets in the office for training and team building, so the ability to travel to our office in Hillside, IL occasionally is necessary. Belden Universal offers all full-time employees competitive benefits and a 401-k match.
- Provide technical quotes, order entry, processing, and follow-up on customer orders
- Proactively identify and address customer's needs to drive sales
- Handle incoming sales calls and website quote submissions, as well as quotes as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Address technical inquiries from customers and prospects
- Effectively communicate with customers to foster trust and drive sales growth.
- Ensure that internal communications between Sales, Design and Production are maintained effectively, so that quality service is provided to all customers.
- Actively seek additional sales opportunities by contacting existing customers on a quarterly basis, including follow-up calls after large quotations and orders.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated success in inside sales, customer success, or related technical customer-facing functions; knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, interact with potential customers, resolve and prioritize issues to achieve customer satisfaction
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Fast learner and naturally curious, able to get up to speed quickly on new customers, technical applications, or industries
- Comfort managing a high volume of inbound and outbound calls
- Motivated and career-oriented. Belden Universal prides itself on developing talent and promoting from within
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred, and/or 2 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid computer skills, especially with the Microsoft Office product suite, and basic understanding of manufacturing ERP, quoting software, and CRM tools
- Experience entering technical quotes and sales orders
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail
- Highly coachable and trainable, with track record of learning to sell new technical product lines
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Engineering / industrial background or mechanical aptitude is a plus
- ISO & AS experience a plus
About BeldenFounded in the Chicago area in 1939, Belden has grown from a local machine shop to a leading global manufacturer of precision universal joints and drive shaft assemblies. With international reach and reliable quality, Belden serves a variety of industries with standard and custom universal joints and drives any application. Belden's team of professional design engineers and technical sales staff focus on customer needs first, allowing Belden to consistently exceed customer requirements and expectations. Belden’s innovative development capabilities and state-of-the-art equipment position the Company as a clear leader in the mechanical power transmission industry. In 2018, the Company moved into a 40,000 sqft newly built state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Hillside, IL, and is poised for significant growth over the next few years. For every customer challenge, Belden has a solution. Precisely what you need. Precisely when you need it.
- Industrial Machines
- Packaging & Conveying
- Food Processing
- Metal Processing
- Oil and Gas
- Industrial Vehicles
- Specialty Vehicles
- Drilling and Tapping